Today, we want to look at the benefits of the computerized vehicle inspection, which is currently operated by the Lagos Computerised Vehicle Inspection Service, LACVIS, for the Vehicle Inspection Service, VIS.
Some of the benefits include:
- Vehicles are kept in great working condition. Without inspections, it will be very difficult to identify problems that can cause breakdown , especially, increase in the use of fuel. So with the inspections, your vehicle can work better and consume less fuel.
- When you know the status of your vehicle, you can safely plan your commute to achieve personal and corporate efficiency. So, if you have an appointment to a client or a dentist, it is so easy to achieve set tasks as you won’t be disappointed.
- It lessens your insurance costs. The better your vehicle, the lesser your insurance cost. And this works both ways for both the insurer and the insured. For the insurer, a well-maintained vehicle means lesser risks of accidents, which invariably leads to lesser premium. This is especially true for workplace vehicles.
- It reduces workers downtimes. If a company has to repeatedly repair vehicles because they keep breaking down, it affects productivity. And if a company lose a staff because of accidents from badly maintained vehicles, the company pays more to hire and train new staff to fill in the position.
- Periodic inspection of vehicles helps to reduce costs of fixing vehicles quite more expensively. Simple defects can be quickly corrected before it looms to a bigger repair which will cost more.
- Branded vehicles especially are advised to bring in their vehicles for inspection at any LACVIS centres during the vehicles documentation renewal. It robs a company of integrity if its vehicle breaks down and it becomes a cynosure of all eyes. This puts the company in a negative light and reduces their brand value.
- For commercial vehicle, it prevents the driver from having a run in with enforcement officers. Now, in Lagos State, VIO Officers are enforcing against rickety vehicles. When these vehicles are taken off the roads, it reduces the opportunity of making more money and revenue will be lost for that moment.
- Many garages parade underutilized vehicles because it has been left in a state of disrepair. This is grossly undermaximising the potentials of these vehicles and over time, it simply adds up, from one vehicle to two, then four, then it becomes overwhelming to fix and repair.
There are many more benefits attached to inspection of vehicles and now, it is easier to enjoy all these benefits with the fifteen minutes computerized inspection from LACVIS.
Our centres are opened Monday to Fridays between the hours of 7:30 to 5:00PM and on Saturday 10:00 to 2:00PM.
Follow us on all our social media platforms on @officialLACVIS.Or call 08180003426,08186797195 for more info.